Yes, I have releases this week and am appearing everywhere. Check out my FB page for updates on my own blog tour. But I wanted to share a new writer with you. I hope you’ll welcome Amanda Carlson, and her Top Ten Moments! (I’m in there too!)
Hello everyone! *waves*
This is Amanda Carlson, the author of FULL BLOODED, a new urban fantasy series debuting from Orbit. Faith was so nice to invite me on her blog for my debut, so here I am!
For all you Jane Yellowrock fans, you can imagine my SQUEE moment when my editor emailed to inform me that Faith Hunter had read my book…and enjoyed it! It was definitely one of my Top Ten Favorite Moments as an author. So, in homage to my greatest squee moments thus far, I thought I’d share my: “Best Top Ten New Author Moments”
Here we go:
10. Finished my manuscript. FULL BLOODED is finally done. WOOT! It’s Oct. 5th, 2010 and I’ve been working on it on and off for two years. It was a banner day and I celebrated with ice cream and wine. (Yes, they go lovely together. Vanilla bean ice cream with a cold glass of Prosecco. Pure bliss.)
9. First time an agent asked for pages. Honestly, I couldn’t believe someone actually wanted to see the entire thing. I got up and wandered around my office for a good half hour before I sent—praying I did everything right and they would like it.
8. Waking up to an email from my-soon-to-be-agent who said: “I stayed up until 3:40am to finish your manuscript. I would get behind this project.” I called my husband in from the shower and my mom came over to read it. It was awesome!
7. The day the book went out on submission. My knees knocked all day. My agent and I been editing for a month. I was ready, but very scared. What if no one wanted it?
6. Attending my first conference as a would-be-author. It was the RT Booklovers Convention in 2011 and it was so much fun! I met so many great people and made connections I cherish, and hope to have forever.
5. THE CALL!!! My book series had an offer. Halleluiah!
4. The series is going to be a dual release in UK. ::happy dance::
3. Finishing page proofs. OMG, it’s finally a book!
2. Seeing my name in print. The advanced reader copies arrived on my doorstep with no warning. I opened them and cried. So surreal and fantastic.
1. Having a chance to visit Faith Hunter’s blog to share my road to publication with all of you. Honestly, it doesn’t get any better than this! It’s another banner day.
Faith, thank you so much for inviting me on the blog today. It was great to be here. If anyone is interested in finding out more about me, I’m in all the regular places. Right now you can read the first two chapters of my novella, BLOODED, prequel to my series, on facebook with one click. For more info on my series visit www.amandacarlson.com